Bursaries: The Bermuda Insurance Institute (BII) every six months provides bursaries for Bermudians, spouses of Bermudians and PRC holders, who have an interest in working in the (re)insurance industry in Bermuda, to help fund specific insurance training, through the Bermuda Insurance Institute. These bursaries are funded in part by generous contributions from industry organizations. Email
Background: There is an increasing number of private students who wish to start or continue their insurance studies at the BII, but are hampered through lack of funding. These students must personally fund the cost of the classes, books and exam fees as they try to complete their qualifications, with a view to entering the Insurance industry. It is these potential students who we are targeting, however applications will be accepted from others who may already be working in the (re)insurance industry and who, with valid reasons, are also seeking funding for their studies.
If successful, the bursary funds can be used to cover:
- the cost of classes at the BII (one per subject) – paid directly by BII from bursary funds;
- texts, course guide and additional study aids including shipping costs to Bermuda(once per subject) – to be reimbursed to student by BII on presentation of receipts;
- examination fees (once per subject) at the regular registration rates – paid directly by BII from bursary funds; and
- seminars and workshops hosted by the BII if applicable to your studies - paid directly by BII from bursary funds.
The bursary will not cover:
- exam transfer or resit fees.
Successful applicants will be expected to sign an agreement.